Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2004-Nov-11 11:29:54
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point and C-O-C factor

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point and C-O-C factor Erik Krause 2004-Nov-11 11:29:54
On 11 Nov 2004 at 0:47, Dave 360texas.com wrote:

> I agree there is only 1 aperature device inside each lens.  Because
> it it a mechanical device that permits the camera owner to dial in
> the F-Numbered like F-11, 16, 8 etc.  Dialing in the F-stop number
> allows the depth of field to be changed.  Hence the Circle of
> Confusion factor to come into play.

There usually is only one adjustable aperture in the lens. The others
are not adjustable, but limit the pencil of rays in order to minimize
stray light. If you shoot wide open ( the one adjustable aperture is
at maximum diameter), it may be not clear which of the different
apertures are actually limiting the light path.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM