Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2004-Nov-11 23:18:11
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point Erik Krause 2004-Nov-11 23:18:11
On 11 Nov 2004 at 17:55, wardnet2001 wrote:

> But here's a request. I use a Sigma 8mm. Is it possible for someone
> with the necessary knowledge to definitively state where exactly the
> point of rotation is on this lens? Someone has already mentioned the
> gold ring near the front, I use a point slightly forward of this. I
> suppose Sigma would be the best to state where this is (wonder why
> they dont).

There is no well defined point for a fisheye. See here for a diagram
how it changes with viewing angle:
http://michel.thoby.free.fr/SIGMA8mm/Alpha%20test%20300D/Graph%20Beta.
jpg

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM