Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2004-Nov-12 21:10:08
Subject:Re: entrance pupil - nodal point

PanoTools: Re: entrance pupil - nodal point Erik Krause 2004-Nov-12 21:10:08
On 12 Nov 2004 at 18:19, Dave 360texas.com wrote:

> Image 2. The next picture is of a fisheye with no iris or aperature
> with groups of optics which channel the incoming light rays.  It
> appears that the image is inverted about mid center of the lens.
>
> I suspect that the point where the image is inverted is a nodal
> point.

No. It is the point for the best location of the iris aperture. In
this diagram you can see very good that there is no exact nodal
point. You find the nodal point for any viewing angle if you lengthen
the direction of the light rays outside the front lens to where they
cut the optical axis. It is easy to see that this point moves with
the angle of view.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM