Sender:Paul D. DeRocco
Date/Time:2004-Nov-23 06:37:34
Subject:RE: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration

PanoTools: RE: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration Paul D. DeRocco 2004-Nov-23 06:37:34
> From: John Spikowski [mailto:#removed#]
>
> Please visit the www.panotools.info/forum message board and register with
> your membership information. We will continue to run on the Yahoo Groups
> list till the new web site is officially open. Please don't post any
> non-site development messages to the forum till the Yahoo Group list is
> closed and the new group topics are created. I hope to have this
> transition
> process completed by the end of the year (if I can motivate a few
> members to
> help out).
>
> I will have a forum email digest that members can subscribe to at
> the least
> and maybe a bi-directional interface if I can free up a few more hours out
> of my real life.
>
> If you don't get a activation response email back from the forum,
> send me a
> email to #removed# along with the user id you used
> to join and
> the Yahoo Groups email address you currently use.

You mean that the Yahoo group is going to be extincted, and we'll have to
use the bulletin board style forum in its place? Was this ever discussed? Is
there some good reason for this? Personally, I've always found that style
forum to be a really awful format, and I've used quite a few of them. The
big negative is that you can't keep pieces of information easily. With a
mailing list, I just skip the pressing of the Delete key, if I want to
archive someone's post for future reference on my own machine.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:#removed#

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM