Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2004-Nov-23 08:35:07
Subject:Re: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration Jim Watters 2004-Nov-23 08:35:07
If it becomes a non email based system, I probably wont read it and wont
post to it!

A forum based system may be better to look things up, but for everything
else it stinks.  I am subscribed to receive 5 different email list.  I
currently read my new email 2 or 3 times a day.  I enjoy doing this.  If
it becomes a form, I may poke around and see if something is interesting
once a week.  But even that might be hard to keep up.  In the beginning
of Oct I signed up to the form for PTAssembler on tawbaware.com,  I read
a few thing I made a couple post.  I did not like it.  I went back today
to look at it again.  I still don't like it.  I don't know if there is
anything interesting buried in there.

There was a time when I was subscribed to 6 other groups on Yahoo that I
turned email off.  I can understand people wanting that option.  I have
also tried recieving the digest version of goups.  With people quoting
the entire message thread each time, it does not work well.

Unless we are going to have the choice to send and receive individual
messages through email, I think it is also a bad idea.

The only place where forums seam to work for me is slashdot.org  I enjoy
reading slashdot because at least you can see who replied to what.  The
rating system also brings the cream to the top.

Of only the members that post more than 5 messages a month, what percent
are signed up for individual email, daily digest, and no email?

 Jim Watters

 Graphic Software Developer
 http://photocreations.ca

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM