Sender:Isaac Garcia
Date/Time:2004-Nov-23 12:33:36
Subject:Re: Re: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration

PanoTools: Re: Re: PanoTools Yahoo Groups Membership Migration Isaac Garcia 2004-Nov-23 12:33:36
The RSS add-on for phpBB works like a charm (basically a read-only "mail
list"), I´m suscribed to several forums that way; and if tweaked
correctly, can reduce server load and bandwidth usage considerably.

--- Timo Schnitzlein <#removed#> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, "John Spikowski"
> <#removed#> wrote:
> > PanoTools Members,
> >
> > Please visit the www.panotools.info/forum message board and
> register with
> > your membership information. We will continue to run on the Yahoo
> Groups
> > list till the new web site is officially open. Please don't post any
> > non-site development messages to the forum till the Yahoo Group
> list is
> > closed and the new group topics are created. I hope to have this
> transition
> > process completed by the end of the year (if I can motivate a few
> members to
> > help out).
> >
> > I will have a forum email digest that members can subscribe to at
> the least
> > and maybe a bi-directional interface if I can free up a few more
> hours out
> > of my real life.
> >
> > If you don't get a activation response email back from the forum,
> send me a
> > email to #removed# along with the user id you used to join and
> > the Yahoo Groups email address you currently use.
> >
> > John Spikowski
> > PanoTools Moderator
>
> Thank you for moving to a forum style environment. I've been using a
> phpBB-based forum for almost two years now and I'm convinced that it
> is a much more user-friendly medium than Yahoo Groups. AFAIK, there
> is a possibility to implement RSS news feeds which can be read using
> RSS plugins with the Firefox (PC) browser as well as with most apple-
> based browsers. This could be a convincing solution for all those
> Newsreader lovers out here, and still open the way to the power of a
> forum (image & FAQ repositories, member ranking, powerful search and
> browsing functions etc ).

=====

The revolution will be blogged

Variato delectat