Sender:panovrx
Date/Time:2005-Dec-14 00:18:01
Subject:Re: PTstitcher rewrite

PanoTools: Re: PTstitcher rewrite panovrx 2005-Dec-14 00:18:01
Erik Krause wrote re outputting fisheye views with PTStitcher
> This is already possible, albeit not by the GUIs. PTStitcher supports
> f3 output type which is called "Full Frame". However, no one hinders
> you to put even 360° in the v field - the geometry is the same. See
> my recent tutorial on the wiki:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/?title=Unusual_remappings

I tried this .. setting f3 in the p line for fisheye output ..  and yes
it does work! This is not in the "official" Stitcher_script.txt
document.
Mostly dome projection users would want to create a 180 degree wide
fisheye ... they would be converting various formats, rectilinear,
fisheye, cylindrical to 90 degree tilted up 180 degree fisheye shots.
There is a dome users consortium btw with a forum
http://www.fulldome.org/
Mostly they use fisheye equipped Elumens projectors

Peter Murphy

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM