Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Dec-14 11:23:26
Subject:Re: Unusual remappings

PanoTools: Re: Unusual remappings Erik Krause 2005-Dec-14 11:23:26
On Wednesday, December 14, 2005 at 1:16, Bernhard Vogl wrote:

> Reading the Wiki-Article, i remembered some projections, which i really
> would like to see implemented in the Panotools-Library, like the
> "Apian"/"Winkel" ones:
> http://www.boehmwanderkarten.de/kartographie/is_netze_world_1.html
> (Sorry, German - not enough knowledge to research this in English)
>
> I don't have the slightest idea, how difficult such formulas would be to
> implement, but i'd really love to see how the resulting images would look
> like  ;-)

Go to
http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/map/map.html
and scroll down the left frame until you find "Projections Reference"
and clicj it for a comprehensive list.

Mathworks seems to provide a toolbox for MathLab that can do all this
remappings. Play with it if you are interested. The image slicer
plugin from philo can do a sinusoidal remapping, albeit only with 3
slices in the compiled version. Max be the Filter Factory source can
be modified:
http://www.philohome.com/rhombicuboctahedron/rhombicuboctahedron.htm

Could well be Flexify can do such remappings - I never tried it.

I don't think it's a good idea to include such remappings in
PTStitcher (it is pano12 anyway that would need to be extended).
There are more urgent problems that need to be solved...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/