Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-May-23 20:42:03
Subject:Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Roger Howard 2006-May-23 20:42:03
On May 23, 2006, at 11:25 AM, John Spikowski wrote:

> Howard,
>
> If I'm not mistaken the IVRPA is a subscription based group. The
> PanoTools
> group has   been supported by donations from it's members to cover
> the hard
> costs of maintaining the group. With members like Kevin, Bruno,
> Erik and
> Bert, the group resources have matured into a something we all can
> be proud
> of. The current method of donations to keep the lights on has
> worked in the
> past and I hope to continue without outside influence. (commercial
> funding)

I think it would be a great thing to see the IVRPA and PanoTools.info
allied in some fashion, and I don't think you should reject the idea
without exploring it. We have mutual interests, and there's no
foregone conclusion that all activities of the IVRPA are paid by the
user.

On the other issue, assuming Bert handled site development and
hosting (as offered), and Kevin continues as the moderator, what
other costs are you seeking funding for? I think it's important if
you're asking the community for assistance that there's a very clear
idea of where it's going, and I guess I must be forgetting something
here. Also, why reject Bert's offer to provide hosting? That seems
like an extremely generous offer.

-R

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM