Sender:Steven Dowd
Date/Time:2006-May-25 08:35:54
Subject:Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Steven Dowd 2006-May-25 08:35:54
Pat,

I can download the whole of the panotools yahoo egroup for you if you want,
Only this week I did a full backup of 44.423 posts from another egroup which
I admin. The backup will be into a single mbox file, these can be imported
into lots of mail progs, or can be imported into a mailman system elsewhere
as the archives, gmane and other online systems allow for importing mbox
archived posts.

It isnt a fast process, yahoo have implimented quite hard n fast rules into
their cache server, which tells the cache to drop connection to any client
which grabs pages at faster than a fixed per minute/hour rate, It took me 67
hrs to grab the backup from my yahoo egroup this group only has 27k posts so
about 30 hrs or so..

If anyone is interested in this, I will start the download today, tar it and
make it available to people.

Steven Dowd