Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2006-May-26 02:47:59
Subject:Re: Re: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: Re: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Roger D. Williams 2006-May-26 02:47:59
Ad hominem attacks, including such undeserved epithets as "whiner"
would have you immediately cautioned to avoid such language on
most lists to which I belong. On some of them you would be struck
off. John, I am most grateful for the existence of the Panotools
list, and to the extent that you are responsible I am most grateful
to you personally. But your attitude leaves a lot to be desired.
I find it quite unsuitable. If you can only reply to a carefully
reasoned and modest criticism like mine with insults then I will
have to change my opinion of you. And if you can only reply to a
well-intentioned offer to save you a major expense by point-blank
refusal to even consider the alternatives, then I question your
good sense or your good will or both.

In self defence I would say that where I feel I have a contribution
to make you will find me making it. The awesome expertise on this
list, from which I have so often benefited, means that I have much
less to contribute. Indeed, I expect to be on the receiving end for
years to come. But isn't the list as much for me, and others who
are trying to improve their skills, than for the experts? I see
most of the latter as hanging around here for what they can GIVE
rather than what they can GET. And they, not you personally, are
what make this list so wonderful.

Roger