Sender:Nicola Graverini
Date/Time:2006-May-25 10:18:07
Subject:Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Nicola Graverini 2006-May-25 10:18:07
John Spikowski wrote:
>  >
>  > Yes, and waiting a *whole 32 hours* before whining that no
>  > one is contributing to a hosting plan you decided on (which
>  > jumped $1500/ year due to... an email problem?) and a plea
>  > you buried in a newsletter would put you in which folder? I'm
>  > not surprised there are people with excuses and requirements
>  > to contribute. Heck, if you had kept costs static, recent
>  > contributions would mean that you wouldn't have to "deal with
>  > this abuse" until 2008! (Maybe this is really a new kind of
>  > "funding drive?")
>
> The move to a dedicated server was to allow the creation of three more
> mirrored  PanoTools sites. (.org, .net and .com) EZ-Web-Hosting had a large
> number of users on the shared hosting box we were on. Having a dedicated
> server, management can configure Apache and other server resources to best
> fit our needs. We can put whatever we want on the server and tie resources
> together.

I don't think that an open project like panotools.info need this
enourmos resources... like a commercial site. The research for better
search engine position, the mirroring, in my opinion are useful if we
try to bring *customers* on our site. Is this were i'm wrong? How many
of you found customers trough th site or this list?
It's also true that we, me for first, find knowledge here, and that
reflects in our works and that increments the customers, but like i did,
if someone whants to find the list or the site, he has the chance to
find them really easyer.

Please, i know i should be wrong some way, explain me were...
n.

Ciao,
Nicola

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM