Sender:Mark D. Fink
Date/Time:2006-Jun-10 19:19:08
Subject:RE: PanoTools.Info News Letter

PanoTools: RE: PanoTools.Info News Letter Mark D. Fink 2006-Jun-10 19:19:08
Al,

I'm still fairly new to this process, having only been a moderator for a few
days. I favor keeping a balance that allows us to post new product
announcements, as that is part of what we come here for. If John has a
"product announcement" regarding the PanoTools.info site that he wants to
make available to the general PanoTools list, then I'm fine with that.
Beyond an opening announcement, however, the bulk of PanoTools.info posts
should really remain there. Similarly, the WWP (World Wide Pano) group can
post an announcement regarding an upcoming event, but ongoing discussion of
that event should take place at the WWP list, not here.

Here is my question to the group, and I'll use myself and PTGui as examples.
When I post an announcement about a new version of a pano head, should
continued discussion take place here, or via my site? Along the same lines,
when Joost has a new version that he is announcing, should ongoing
discussions take place here or via his site? This is where we get into the
gray areas. Clearly, WWP postings should take place on their list, and
conversely, their list requests that general pano tools discussions move to
this list. But how do we handle the components that work together to form
the "tools" of panotools, both hardware and software? Should I even be
broaching this topic here, or on the PanoTools-List?

Personally, I feel that tools, either hardware or software, that are
directly involved in the creation of panoramics should be discussed in as
much detail as we want on this list. Resources for information or other
related organizations, such as PanoTools.info and the WWP can be posted here
when there are significant updates or events, but ongoing discussion should
revert back to the respective sites/lists. Your thoughts?

Mark