Sender:Robert Bilsland
Date/Time:2006-Jul-07 11:43:58
Subject:Re: Linking pans

PanoTools: Re: Linking pans Robert Bilsland 2006-Jul-07 11:43:58
Ian,

As you say a slideshow I'm guessing that it doesn't need to be
interactive? Something that will be left be itself rolling over and over?

As you say you want to keep it in quicktime format how about this.
Convert your QTVR panoramas into QT movie files with Ian Woods
qtvr2mov utility (http://www.azurevision.co.uk/qtvr2mov/index.html).
With this you can process each of your 7 panoramas into 360 degree
movies file panning at whatever speed you want (don't use the ease-in
and ease-out option as it would slow the pan down between panoramas).
This will create you a series of frames that need to be imported back
into Quicktime Player Pro to re-assemble as a movie. With all the
movies done just paste them onto the end of each other to create a
single movie.

If you don't like the cutting from one panorama to another then you
can add a transition using the MakeEffectMovie from the apple
development site
(http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/index.html#eff...).
This is where the individual frames are handy (This might seem a bit
long winded but this part is free!). This utility will perform a
transition effect between two movies but you can't select a part. So
create very small movies with a few frames from the end of one
panoramas and the beginning of the next. Put them through the utility
and this will save another movie file with the transation in. Create
another movie with the frames that aren't used for transaitions. Once
this has been done for all the panoramas just add all the movies
together into a single movie (not forgetting the transition from the
last to the first). Remember the transition from the last to the first
should be at the end or when starting off it will start with a transition.

Finally tick the loop option and re-save and that should be it. I've
managed to do this with a couple of panoramas here at my end, but I
can't ftp to my website from work, so if you'll like to see what I
mean I'll upload it later when I get home. If you need any help doing
this, just drop us a line. It's easy to do these sort of things when
you already have the software or have the money to buy the software.
If you don't you usually can still do it, but it's not so automatic.

Bob Bilsland.
http://www.panoramasunlimited.com

--- In #removed#, "iankerrphotography" >