Sender:John Blommers
Date/Time:2001-Jan-06 05:53:08
Subject:Re: Number of Control Points, was Re:

proj-imim: Re: Number of Control Points, was Re: John Blommers 2001-Jan-06 05:53:08
Rick,

This happens to me from time to time - the optimiser takes my rather
poor initial starting values for the parameters and the result is
that the lens correction parameters (a b c) go south. I found that
better initial values for the HFOV of the images (v0 v1 ...) often
helps. Take a look at the optimized parameters in your situation -
there are clues there to be uncovered - the game's afoot.

>  When I run the optomizer with more than 2
>control points on each side of both images and then use the script to insert
>the images, it puts tiny circular photos in the resulting photoshop image.
>If I use just 2 control points for each side it does a pretty good job of
>inserting the images.  Is this a problem with the optomizer?  or do I have a
>setting set wrong?

- John