Sender:markgambier
Date/Time:2011-Sep-03 22:39:24
Subject:Re: How To output from Hugin to Pano Cube

PanoTools NG: Re: How To output from Hugin to Pano Cube markgambier 2011-Sep-03 22:39:24
Thanks for your help, John.  Was able to get pretty far.

So:

- I downloaded and placed the pano12.dll in the SysWOW64 folder

- I downloaded Panorama Tools again -- this time the Jim Watters version that is on his page (http://photocreations.ca/panotools/)NOTE: the version linked to from his site to Soundforge does DOES NOT have PTStitcher.exe in the tools folder.

- I dragged and dropped the PTStitcher.exe onto the desktop Pano Cube icon and the resulting dialog box told me the link was successful and that I wouldn't have to do that again.

- I created an equirectangular pano in Hugin, optimized (1.4 average distance between control points) stitched and saved as a tiff file.

- I opened the folder where this pano was saved and dragged/dropped it onto the desktop Pano Cube icon.

Nothing seems to happen. I don't get any kind of dialog box or . . .anything.  There are no new files created anywhere I can find, and certainly no QTVR files.

If, when dragging the tiff file over top of the Pano Cube Icon but dond't release, I get a one line dialog that says "Open with QT Movie Converter." which, from what I can tell, doesn't run on Win 7

Any ideas other than the Pano Cube application to convert the Equirectangular tiff pano into an navigable QTVR movie?