Sender:Bjørn K Nilssen
Date/Time:2012-Sep-09 18:42:28
Subject:Re: Re: Panoramas inside a wiki?

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Panoramas inside a wiki? Bjørn K Nilssen 2012-Sep-09 18:42:28
P? Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:24:21 +0200, skrev Erik Krause <#removed#>:

> Am 07.09.2012 01:26, schrieb Bj?rn K Nilssen:
>> I've been writing some stuff in a local wiki recently.
>> It would be nice to be able to add some interactive 360s too.
>> Does anyone have any examples on 360panoramas shown inside a wiki?
>> Directly, or inside an iFrame?
>
> Thomas Rauscher wrote a PanoramaTag extension for the panotools wiki:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Help:Pano-Tag
> should work on other MediaWiki's, too. Perhaps you ask him:
> http://sinnfrei.at/

Thanks for the tip :)
Unfortunately it requires you to be system administrator to install
something like that, according to
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extensions
Besides, that Flash version didnt work (crashed, and made Opera unstable).
I've found a Wiki/widget that allows iFrame tags inside the article, but
apparently it also requires administrator status to be used.
I've been in contact with administrators of this small, local wiki, and
they prefer to only use content that is located on their servers, which
excludes iFrame (and full control) :(
They seemed pretty interested in 360panos though :)
That's why I was hoping that I could show them some up-to-date examples of
modern 360-panoramas on a wiki.
I guess using a straight external link would be the only option then?

--
Bj?rn K Nilssen - #removed# - 3D and panoramas