Sender:giuseppe porciani giuseppeporciani@...
Date/Time:2015-Jun-19 15:11:39
Subject:Re: set of cameras for pano pictures

PanoTools NG: Re: set of cameras for pano pictures giuseppe porciani giuseppeporciani@... 2015-Jun-19 15:11:39
Thank you very much for quick answer.I will contact  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptxas you advised.
I also found the diagonal of the sony sensor is 7,77 mm. I will try to input a good data for the lenses.

Giuseppe

     On Friday, June 19, 2015 1:18 PM, "Erik Krause #removed# [PanoToolsNG]" <#removed#> wrote:

 Am 18.06.2015 um 20:45 schrieb giuseppe porciani
#removed# [PanoToolsNG]:

> 1) thecameras would have a fixed relative configuration (let's say, 5
> along the sidesof a pentagon and one for the zenith): Is there any
> methods to enter parametersof the configuration, for instance yaw and
> relative position?

You can apply a project file as a template.

> 2) Thecameras would have a parallax error but the distance of the
> nodal points of thecameras is known. Would it be useful to pass these
> data to Hugin? If yes, how?

No. There is no way to automatically fix parallax errors. BTW: The term
"Nodal Point" is not correct, it names a different point on the optical
axis. Better use "No-Parallax-Point".

> 3) I amtrying with a cheap cam (Xiaomi yi). I took 5 pictures, 0
> degrees pitch, oneper 72 degrees around the nodal point. Thestitching
> results are strange: I may suppose the main reason is that Hugin does
> not know the data ofthe lenses of the camera. It assumesHfov is 70
> degrees.Accordingto cam specs: focal length is 2,73 mm (which Hugin
> also assumes), D(iagonal ?)FOV is 155degrees, sensor size (Sony Exmor
> R bi) is 1/2.3 inch. Would it bepossible from these data to obtain
> the focal length,35 mm equivalent, theHfov(v) or the crop factor?
> Would it be considered a fisheye, full frame, lens?

 From 155° diagonal FOV I would assume a fisheye lens. Unfortunately the
sensor inch values don't tell anything about the real sensor dimensions,
hence the crop factor can't be calculated. Hugin can find out the
correct values for you, if you let it optimize them. However, the better
place for detailed hugin questions would probably be the hugin mailing
list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hugin-ptx

Erik Krause

Yahoo Groups Links