Sender:Bill Acosta
Date/Time:2004-May-06 07:57:07
Subject:Re: question about ptgui / enblend / multi image tiff

PanoTools: Re: question about ptgui / enblend / multi image tiff Bill Acosta 2004-May-06 07:57:07
Come people. Stop smashing each other.

Everybody is right with what is beeing say.

The problem is that much of the information you want to share still in
your head and not in paper. I wil strongly recommend to re-write your
procedures one more time being objective and critical of your procedures.

Againg, everybody is right is just not everything you want to convey was
there.

Please try againg.

Cheers,

Bill Acosta

>From: Peter Nyfeler <#removed#>
>To: #removed#,  #removed#
>Subject: Re: [PanoTools] question about ptgui / enblend / multi image  tiff
>Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 20:18:32 +0200
>
>#removed# schrieb:
>
> >In a message dated 2/5/04 21:45:03, #removed# writes:
> >

> >>dear all
> >>
> >>i need some advice for my workflow.
> >>first the workflow step by step
> >>
> >>1. Input of  4 circular fisheyepics in ptgui and optimization
> >>2. Output of a panorama with multi image tiff
> >>3. Open a  new file in photoshop with the same size as the
> >>panoramaoutput of ptgui
> >>4. Input the 4 tiffs in separate layers
> >>5. Erase the black areas of each layer for better seamretouching
> >>between the layers
> >>6. Add masks to each layer  for retouching
> >>7. Save each layer as a separate tiff-file
> >>8. Run enblend with these retouched tiff's
> >>9. Open the final tiff in photoshop for zenith and nadir retouch (only
> >>when needed)
> >>10. Save panorama
> >>

> >>Questions:
> >>- how can i get back tiff's with *transparent mask* in point 7?
> >>- is it possible to make a photoshop action for point 3 to 7?
> >>- is this workflow the wrong direction?
> >>- to andrew: is it possible to modify enblend for  multi image tiff
> >>output?
> >>
> >>thanks for all answers in advance
> >>
> >>peter
> >>

> >Hi
> >
> >Maybe another reason to use Macintosh ?????
> >My workflow is much simpler.
> >
> >- making 4 circular FE photos
> >- stitching them in PTMac to an equirectangular photo eg. as TIFF   (
> >http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/ )
> >- draging that tiff file on to CubicConverter   (
> >http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconverter/   )
> >- extract the bottom cube face.
> >- remove the tripod in PS
> >- import the corrected cube face back in CubicConverter
> >- press " Convert"
> >- QTVR   Movie ready.
> >
> >Willy
> >Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored.
> >

>Hi Willy
>
>Your simple workflow is also possible with a pc!
>
>- making 4 circular FE photos
>- stitching them in PTGui to an equirectangular photo
>- draging that tiff file on to PanoCube Plus to create the six
>cubfaces(http://www.panoshow.com/panocube.htm)
>- remove the tripod of the bottomface in PS
>- drag the six cubefaces on to PanoCube Plus
>- QTVR Movie's ready for the show.
>

>Sorry, but this was not the point of my question.
>I'm looking for a reason to retouch before *enblend*.
>In the moment, enblend don't support multi image tiff
>as output format
>
>The retoching possibilities (long shadows of  tripod / panographer) will
>  be much better this way, because with  4 FE  there is huge overlap
>  for the masking job.
>
>But thank you anyway for  your post.
>
>peter

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&amp;page=byoa/prem&amp;xAPID=1994&am...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM