Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2004-Dec-02 20:28:36
Subject:Re: Rogers gallery

PanoTools: Re: Rogers gallery Roger Howard 2004-Dec-02 20:28:36

On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:03 AM, Flemming V. Larsen wrote:

> Hi Roger,
>
> Had a look around your gallery. Many good shots [ and interesting
> setup - might have a look at Coppermine Photo Gallery some day]
> Laughed a lot when I saw this one from New York
> http://www.rogerroger.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6&pos=3
> a bit strange way of walking isn't it ;^))
> People can't imagine that the lens will get them even lying flat on
> the ground....

it's the natural reaction - they see the lens and duck, not knowing
they won't be much more than a speck in the shot anyway! On the other
hand, the 8mm is great in close crowds, where you can shoot candid
portraits right up close just be cocking the lens away 20-30 degrees so
the subject is sure you're not shooting them!

I've been customizing Coppermine and find it's pretty well written (for
a PHP app)... it was at first going to be only temporary, but you know
how that goes (and since it's not paying work, it's hard to fit in too
much dev time)... it's not half-bad - I liked it a lot more than
Menalto Gallery 1.x, but the latest Gallery alpha of 2.0 is looking
much nicer. Anyhow, more panos going up every day...

Thanks!

-R

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM