Sender:Oliver Mann
Date/Time:2005-Jul-25 23:01:56
Subject:Re: Re: PT vs Realviz?

PanoTools: Re: Re: PT vs Realviz? Oliver Mann 2005-Jul-25 23:01:56
I want to throw in my two cents for Stitcher. I´m using it several
years, side by side with PTMac and Panotools. There are some problems
(i.E. stitching dark parts of images, or the not so intelligent lens
correction tool), but for large prints it has IMO the best rendering
engine (Mitchell, Lanczos...)
I think that there is no "one and only" application for any needs on
the market. If you want to use fisheye images, Panotools (with
PTMac,PTGUI, Hugin etc) are the way to go. For high res panos made
out of 24 images or more, the Stitcher workflow is straight forward
and gives you enough tools to exactly  work out the end result (Force
stitch, masking out image parts). Though there is some work to do to
make it perfect. Users of Stitcher shouldn´t

Greetings,

Oliver

BTW, though the pano on the package is my work, I´m not a coworker of
Realviz in any way.