Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2005-Sep-27 17:48:29
Subject:Re: Invitation to Beta of CMS for QTVR

PanoTools: Re: Invitation to Beta of CMS for QTVR tflyfish2002 2005-Sep-27 17:48:29
Nick,
Interesting concept you have there.  I tried the Dambusters Dam (
was it 635 Squadron?) and the first pano crashed the QT plugin. I am
not surprised since the QT plugin is so "Bloated" now. I for one
will not use the QT plugin because of it's size to the user that has
to download it. Most will get tired of waiting in order to see a web
page and click away. Using .mov is great, so why don't you consider
another plugin that is smaller in size that will support .mov?
Fiero Duval plugin is one that looks very promising. His viewer is
great. He has some great pages in his gallery.

Just my 2p's worth.

Barry

-- In #removed#, "Nick Crossland - Panoptics"
<#removed#> wrote:
> You are warmly invited to test out our new CMS (content management
system)
> specifically designed for publishing QTVRs, and grouping them into
virtual
> tours or sets.
>
> We designed TourGuide to make it simpler to publish VR files to
the web,
> without having to republish in loads of different file formats,
recreate
> plugin detection, or tour navigation from scratch each time. It is
based on
> our experience, and trying to simplify common task. It is easy
enough for
> the beginner to use, but has enough high level features to make it
useful to
> the professional.
>
> Some of the most exciting features are:
> * Automatic thumbnail generation from QT files
> * Plugin and bandwidth detection
> * Progress bar on QTVR loading
> * Possible to share your panoramas with other users
> * Choices for tour navigation including clickable maps
> Full list at http://www.panoptics.co.uk/tourguide/features.php
>
> The system will be free for non-commercial use. To try it out:
> http://tourguide.panoptics.co.uk/signup.php
>
> In the next couple of weeks we will be adding the option of
multiple viewers
> (Java / DeavlVR / Spi-V / etc), generated automatically from the
QT file --

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM