Sender:Mike Runge
Date/Time:2006-May-05 09:56:41
Subject:Re: Peleng fisheye for Nikon D100

PanoTools: Re: Peleng fisheye for Nikon D100 Mike Runge 2006-May-05 09:56:41
Jepp - I would go for it.
I bought a Zenitar from this guy and I know a few people who also bought their Pelengs there. This is a good and friendly contact. Someone called Svetlana will contact you for the details if you by there.

Using apperatures like 8 or smaller I think the Peleng and the Sigma 8mm are very comparable. Wide open the Peleng is very weak/not usable. Except the well know flare effects of the Peleng. For wide apperature, the Sigma seems to be much better, even it also has it's problems (weak at the edges, heavy vignetting).

You probably know this article:
http://www.pauck.de/marco/photo/stuff/peleng_fisheye/peleng_fisheye.html

best, mike