Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2006-Jun-27 10:46:31
Subject:Re: Re: Panorama from a small Sailing Boat

PanoTools: Re: Re: Panorama from a small Sailing Boat Bernhard Vogl 2006-Jun-27 10:46:31
> Provided your tripod was firmly mounted to the
> floorboards,

No, unfortunately not - i had to hold the tripod with one hand for the camera not falling over...

> it's easy to see how the boat stitched easily, but I'm having a
> hard time figuring out how you got everything else straight.  You
> stitched the same set of images twice?

The control points were set manually.
For the boat: Inside the boat + one horizontal control point set on the shore to have a correct tilt of the boat.
For the horizon: All CPs from the pre-optimized panorama deleted, ~3 CPs set to interconnect the sectors + 1 hor. CP per image pair to interconnect the shoreline + 1 hor. CP per image to straighten horizon. Optimizer was run without touching the lens parameters.

The rest is some work with the help of a pen tablet: Base panorama was the boat, with the horizon panorma added and missing image areas filled with "creative painting"...

Best regards
Bernhard

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM