Sender:Max Lyons
Date/Time:2001-Sep-26 02:06:57
Subject:Re: compiling pano12.dll

proj-imim: Re: compiling pano12.dll Max Lyons 2001-Sep-26 02:06:57
> Nico Ueckermann schrieb:
> >
> > ... dlltool: Can't open def file: pano12.def...
> > Perhaps someone could give me a small hint.
> >

> I accidentally ommited the file pano12.def in the
> sources package, which defines the exported
> symbols for the dll. I will soon update the
> sources after PTEditor is debugged and include
> this file.
>
> Regards
>
> Helmut Dersch

I'm looking forward to pano12.def as well.  I had exactly the same problem
when trying to compile.  Once I manage to get Pano12.dll compiled I hope to
find out why the "k" parameter (colour/brightness correction) does not seem
to work.  I tried creating two panoramas -- one with the k parameter and one
without.  Both files are byte for byte identical...no difference.

I've looked at the source code and I can see there is code to read and work
with this parameter (ReadImageDescription in Parser.c, DoColorCorrection in
adjust.c), but I guess that it is not being called.  Once I compile Pano12.dll I
hope to be able to investigate further.

On a related note, I've been playing with the 'S' parameter for masking input
images.  It seems that the 3rd and 4th arguments that should determine
masking from the top and bottom of the image seem to be "upside
down"...they determine the distance from the bottom the image that is
masked.  There also seems to be another inconsistency here as well (I've
been getting inconsistent results), but I haven't tested much more...

Max