Sender:Daniel M German
Date/Time:2007-Aug-09 22:16:23
Subject:Change of license of pano12

PanoTools NG: Change of license of pano12 Daniel M German 2007-Aug-09 22:16:23

> The conference slides of my presentation together with supporting
> material (PTViewerME application, utility programs, examples,
> demo-video etc) are now available from my website. Also updated is the
> Panorama Tools license information.
>
> Download from
> <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch>
>
> Regards
>
> Helmut Dersch

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the information. To make the change of license official it
is necessary to re-release the source code again, with a change in the
source files to reflect this change (change from GPL v2 to LGPL v2.1).

There exist three "forks" that I am aware:

Max Lyons     (mx-pano12, includes PTmender) GPLv2+
Sourceforge   (sf-pano12) GPL v2+
Sourceforge   (sf-pano13, includes PTmender, and PTblender) GPL v2+

It is important to clarify that they do not do not become L-GPL
automatically.

We are already discussing the change of license for SF-pano12.

This can be done in several ways. the easiest will be for you to
acknowledge that we can change your copyright notices in all your
source code files from GPL v2+ to LGPL v2.1.

--daniel

--
Daniel German

Daniel M. German