Sender:Erstwhile
Date/Time:2001-Feb-02 05:22:32
Subject:Re: ptPicker reads no images

proj-imim: Re: ptPicker reads no images Erstwhile 2001-Feb-02 05:22:32
Thanks for the response.

I have no problem opening that example project or reading those images
(pano12.lib has been installed on my system the entire time). Just out of
curiosity, I edited the file project.txt from your example to point to my
images instead of the project images, and then, it read my images fine. It
is only when I try to start my own new project from inside PTPicker and
then choose the images by picking "image0" or "image1", et cetera, and then
respond to the resulting File Dialogue by clicking on my images, it is only
then that my images "cannot load" (according to the resulting error
message) regardless of what format they are in.

Then something about the way the Project files were laid out came to my
attention. In the example, the project file is in the same folder as the
image files. I was creating my new project file on the desktop, but digging
into a specific folder to pick my images. So again, out of curiosity (I'm a
programmer myself so I do this sort of thing by instinct), I tried saving
my new project in the same folder as the images, and viola! It worked! I
was suddenly able to load my images into a brand new project created from
within PTPicker.

Sorry if I missed the fact in my reading that I must create the project
file in the same folder as the images. I just assumed that since the File
Dialogue allowed me to navigate the entire hard drive that my images could
be anywhere.

Thanks again, Helmut! (For the software, as well as your suggestions.)

Paul.