PanoTools mailing list archive
|Date/Time:||Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:22:12 +0100|
|Subject:||PTViewer 0.7 (java)|
Changes to version 0.6:
1. No more memory limits for panoramic images in java-viewers.
I found a simple trick to load any sized image, even into Netscape,
without tiling. For an example, see the virtual tour of Marburg
with 2400 x 1200 sized panos.
2. Significant speed increase, 3 times the previous version.
LP is still about 40% faster, however, with lower image quality and
some annoying bugs.
3. Autorotation added.
4. Applet can be scripted by the html-document. All keyboard
controls are accessible, as well as jumping to specific
locations. See the included example-panorama and check the
buttons in the document.
5. Java code rewritten to fit into one class file, which
is included in the distribution. This can be used for
browsers that don't understand jar-files.
6. Fixed several memory leaks.
7. The setCursor() exception thrown by some browsers
is caught, and doesn't lead to error conditions.
8. Panning is disabled again if mouse is outside
window. This fixes some problems when several panos
are in one page.
The download site is at
and the updated documentation is at