Sender:Paul
Date/Time:2001-Apr-10 17:12:21
Subject:Re: PanoTools and Linux

proj-imim: Re: PanoTools and Linux Paul 2001-Apr-10 17:12:21
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Francisco-nivando BEZERRA wrote:

>  I tryed JDK 1.2.2 and it's much better than kaffe. I can load
> a project file from the exemples (I followed the steps in the Readme
> file), see the left and right images, choose points, triangles, run
> the optmizer, etc. But when I try the option project->stitch nothing
> happens after I give the file name and click the Ok button in the
> dialog. The dialog simple closes without any message. No panorama is
> generated. I don't know what to do.

What libraries do your binaries point to (e.g. "ldd PTStitcher libpano12.so")?

>  I tryed gimp versions 1.1.25 and 1.2.0 (my linux is a Mandrake 7.2
> distribution, not so old: only a few months). The precompiled version
> of PanoTools doesn't work.
>

>  I tryed to compile as you said. The result of patch is:
>
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
> patching file fftn.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 167.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file fftn.c.rej
>

>  The contents of fftn.c.rej is:
> ***************
> *** 167,172 ****
>   /* we use CPP to re-include this same file for double/float cases */
>   #if !defined (lint) && !defined (__FILE__)
>   Error: your compiler is sick!  define __FILE__ yourself (a string)
>   eg, something like -D__FILE__=\"fftn.c\"
>   #endif
>   #include <stdio.h>
> --- 167,174 ----
>   /* we use CPP to re-include this same file for double/float cases */
>   #if !defined (lint) && !defined (__FILE__)
> + /*
>   Error: your compiler is sick!  define __FILE__ yourself (a string)
>   eg, something like -D__FILE__=\"fftn.c\"
> + */
>   #endif
>   #include <stdio.h>
>

>   Any idea?

I'm not sure why your setup is not applying the patch properly;
looks like there's a DOS vs Unix carriage return problem in the
text files, causing patch to get confused.  Others on this list had
no problems.  Just manually comment out the two lines below in fftn.c:

   Error: your compiler is sick!  define __FILE__ yourself (a string)
   eg, something like -D__FILE__=\"fftn.c\"

I'll send you a pre-compiled PanTools GIMP plugin that should work on
relatively new Linux distributions.

-- Paul