Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2009-Apr-03 21:49:13
Subject:Re: need help for helicopter pano !

PanoTools NG: Re: need help for helicopter pano ! Erik Krause 2009-Apr-03 21:49:13
helico56000 wrote:

> I need some help
>
> I'd like to do some panos
> in helicopter(Ecureuil AS350BA) a true one not and RC :-)
>
> with Nikon d2x and a 10.5mm Nikkor
>
> any help will be appreciate

This has been discussed in deep some years ago. You should find
something in
http://www.panotools.org/search/mailarchive/helicopter+panorama+shooting...
or similar searches.

If I remember correctly it all boiled down to not let the helicopter
rotate and shoot directly from its window or door, but shoot from a pole
below the helicopter, turning the pole with camera by hand. Sky must be
shot separately.

This involves the use of a remote release. I don't know whether the d2x
has a direct remote or needs to be released via USB. If the latter is
the case, you need an assistant. And use security ropes for all of your
gear... ;-)

best regards
--
Erik Krause