Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2009-Sep-08 12:08:31
Subject:Re: Remapping Help needed (Naive Developer)

PanoTools NG: Re: Remapping Help needed (Naive Developer) Erik Krause 2009-Sep-08 12:08:31
Ajit More wrote:

> As far as my knowledge about
> optimization and remapping is concerned, I feel that optimization &
> remapping are closely related to each other. I know lens correction
> equation http://www.all-in-one.ee/~dersch/barrel/barrel.html.
> But I am not able to get why
> & how yaw, pitch, roll is used in remapping. If any can send some links of
> basic details or reference papers. I know, it is very simple but I am
> not able
> to link it with other details.

Unfortunately it's not simple at all. You have to deal with Euler
angles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_angles

The Yaw-Pitch-Roll scheme used by panotools is taken from aviation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaw,_pitch,_and_roll

The relevant panotools code is in math.c (no, I'm no C programmer and
can't explain it. The above is all I know)

However, why invent the wheel again? You can use the pano12 library if
your program complies with the panotools license. See
http://panotools.sourceforge.net/ for details.

best regards
--
Erik Krause