Sender:mrjimbo
Date/Time:2009-Nov-19 19:03:13
Subject:Re: Re: OT - scanning black and white negatives

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: OT - scanning black and white negatives mrjimbo 2009-Nov-19 19:03:13
Robert,
It looks like your getting it figured out. Larger scans cost more as they take longer to do.. Most if not all inexpensive scans just don't represent the piece of film they were taken from.. Their are hundreds of people that provide that service.. I can't be one of them because of my commitment to quality and the image.
Regarding drum scanning... It actually way more then the drum scanner. You also have to have the software to go with it.. The software is typically several times what most people are willing to pay for a scanner and it's software. Then you have to learn how to use. Each scanner is a little different so you need to learn what it can and get do and how to get the maximum from it. It all takes time an is a serious committment..

jimbo