Sender:panovrx
Date/Time:2012-Apr-17 09:17:45
Subject:Re: Will an HD TV function as a PC display?

PanoTools NG: Re: Will an HD TV function as a PC display? panovrx 2012-Apr-17 09:17:45
All TVs these days just about are 1920*1080 and they work ok as monitors and are good for panorama kiosks in public places. It is hard to use them on an extended desktop though if you have aging eyes. You have to keep refocusing if you have the screen back where it should be, 2 or 3 meters away. If you dont have hdmi out on your graphics card you need a DVI to HDMI adapter. Sometimes it is a pain to get full screen working properly on a TV as a monitor. ATI cards have an almost invisible feature "Overscan" which needs to be switched off to get full screen working normally on a TV as a monitor. I know this stuff from trying to get my 3d capable TV working as a preview monitor on my computer. Unless the full screen setting is exact the 3d wont work properly when you choose your 3d mode (usually Side by Side).

PeterM