Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Mar-15 22:24:49
Subject:Re: Nodal poing

PanoTools: Re: Nodal poing Erik Krause 2005-Mar-15 22:24:49
On 14 Mar 2005 at 22:02, Douglass Green wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where the nodal point for this lens is? The reason I
> ask, I was looking at Ipix's (sorry) site and noted that the tripod head
> they offer for that camera/lens would put the nodal point right at the
> front or slightly in front of the lens.

The nodal point of a fisheye lens moves in relatione to the angle of
view. It is almost inside or even in front of the front lens for 90°-
95° off axis, and this is where ipix stitches it's 2 fisheye images.
If you want to use three images the nodal point is a bit further back
in the lens. See the graph on
http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Bank_result.html
This is a sub page from
http://michel.thoby.free.fr/Liste-experiments1.html where different
interesting techniques to find the nodal point are discussed.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation:

PanoTools Wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org
PanoTools PayPal Donation Account: support_AT_panotools.info (_AT_ = @)