Sender:Peter Nyfeler
Date/Time:2005-Sep-18 15:58:08
Subject:Re: Re: Very Large Objects (was: Panos of an active-duty C-47D airplane (military version of DC3))

PanoTools: Re: Re: Very Large Objects (was: Panos of an active-duty C-47D airplane (military version of DC3)) Peter Nyfeler 2005-Sep-18 15:58:08
Hi all

Carl von Einem schrieb:

>That kind of level is called "Schlauchwasserwaage" (tube level?) in
>german, you just don't need coloured water for that but an assistant to
>plug/unplug the other side during transportation of one end. Otherwise
>you will loose liquid and then you have to recalibrate that system.

I just found this by google for about 78 Euros:

http://tinyurl.com/7qxsp (a pic of the whole system)
http://tinyurl.com/dlavb (system in use)

It is an acustic tube level which is designed to use by one pesron only
(more wine to enjoy ;-) )

>But that is only one part of the game: you need to divide the
>surrounding circle or ellipse in equal arcs, preferably 36 (so every 10
>deg.) or even 72 to get a very smooth object movie. To be able to shoot
>fast enough first mark every spot on the ground with e.g. chalk: sun
>moves quickly and that may be a problem for the transition between your
>first and last frame.

Probably it is better to mark the floor first with all the circle
increments and move the big object
afterwards in the signed circle center.

What about camera attachement (L-bracket) with a built in laserpointer,
circular level and a holder
for the tube level?
Workflow:
1.Stand on shooting position
2. Level laserpointer and circular level together
3. Level tube level (beep!)
4. Shoot

Next position and binn with No. 1......

Just a quick  idea...... ;-)