Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-Jun-07 19:44:39
Subject:Re: VB: [Panotools-List] Kevin Fairness ?

PanoTools: Re: VB: [Panotools-List] Kevin Fairness ? Yuval Levy 2006-Jun-07 19:44:39
Thank you, Kevin.

I suggest you join us over at the politics list
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/> so that we can discuss
nicely the issues without disrupting the daily flow of panorama related
posting on this list. I will post political texts only there from now on.

It was never our intention to disrupt the list and on behalf of the
group of concerned netizens that are expressing their views at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/surveys?id=1988965> and on
those netizens who prefer not to see politics here. We believe this
discussion, in an appropriate tone and forum, is necessary for the
survival of the list you sooooo much love to lurk.

We want to move forward _together_. We want to influence democratically
the decision-making process on this list.

Our vision of democracy is a 'representative republic' as Eric Gerdsy
describes it. We want an elected team of admins, chosen among volunteers
from this list, that take directions from the list. More details on
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/> where you can see and
influence the work in progress.

_You_, listmembers will decide who will be the admins. I am not
personally seeking a position on the admin board. The list needs fresh
blood. A capable, uniting, leadership team. I will work to ensure a
transition from the current team to that elected team because I do not
trust the current team. Bert expressed a similar view for himself at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/message/93?l=1>

The next step, should the poll at
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoTools/surveys?id=1988965> give us the
moral authority to do so, is to submit to you, listmembers, a charter
for this group. Say "NO" and we go back to how thing were a week ago.
Say "YES" and you will elect a team of admins. All the politics will
move to <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/>. They will
humbly give back their mandate once a year to you, and if you will be
satisfied with them, you will reconfirm them for another term. Details
at <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Panotools-List/>

Your vote is important. Please vote. Whether you are in favor of change
or against it, please let us know. Only so we can make sure that your
opinon is respected.

Yuv

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM

<*> PanoTools List Reader @ GMane: