Sender:Don Wiss
Date/Time:2006-Jul-09 23:33:07
Subject:Re: Recovering after AutoPano doesn't find points

PanoTools: Re: Recovering after AutoPano doesn't find points Don Wiss 2006-Jul-09 23:33:07
Erik Krause wrote:

 >Am Sunday, July 09, 2006 um 16:22 schrieb Don Wiss:
 >
 >> I'm using PTGui 5.8.4. I have 27 images that I want to stitch all in
 >> a row. The generate control points didn't find any points between the
 >> 5th and 6th images. It found plenty between all the others. So I went
 >> and added a bunch between the 5th and 6th. I then increased the field
 >> of view to 210.
 >
 >Which field of view did you increase?

On the Panorama Settings tab.

 >The Lens FoV is best determined
 >by PTGui/panotools. The output field of view as specified on panorama
 >settings tab can be automatically set if you press "fit panorama" in
 >the pano editor.

Okay. After I did the undo from the Edit menu I pressed it. But it
simply put back in the number for the longest of the two panoramas
that it thinks I have. Nothing has yet used my control points between
the 5th and 6th images to put the two panoramas into one.

 >> There should be some automatic way to handle this situation, which
 >> isn't exactly a rare occurrence.
 >
 >Did you try "undo" from the Edit menu?

No. But I did just now. That did clear some on the Image Parameters
sheet, but not the Yaw, Pitch, and Roll numbers. And it left the
warped image for four of the images in the middle.

The way I've fixed this before is to go and zero out all the Yaw,
Pitch, and Roll numbers. But here I have 81 of them. I should not
have to clear that many numbers one by one. Especially as the
situation I'm in is relatively common.

Don.