Sender:Bruno Postle
Date/Time:2007-Feb-05 18:21:31
Subject:Re: hugin 0.7 beta 4 released

PanoTools NG: Re: hugin 0.7 beta 4 released Bruno Postle 2007-Feb-05 18:21:31
On Mon 05-Feb-2007 at 15:06 -0000, Krzysztof wrote:

> In beta4 in hugin directory is not pano12. Still I have 2.8.0 in
> system32. Panotools tab says - Unknown version. Why? Is now pano12 not
> used?

Hugin can be linked against either pano12 or the newer pano13.  I
think that the windows version of hugin you downloaded is statically
linked against pano13, so you won't see the library as a separate
file.

> I loaded old project in beta4. They were normal and vertical points. I
> think pano is straight with good verticals. For curiosity I press
> Straighten in Panorama Preview. Now I see some verticals are not
> vertical.

The straighten button tries to reduce both the pitch and roll of all
the photos at the same time.  Usually this gives very good results,
but not as good as when setting vertical control points.

> When can I press Straighten? Is this working (or should)
> only with new t3 points?

The t3+ points are for aligning straight lines in the output
panorama, there are some notes here:

http://wiki.panotools.org/Straight_line_control_points

--
Bruno