Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2007-Mar-18 21:56:28
Subject:Re: Nodal Point Issues

PanoTools NG: Re: Nodal Point Issues tflyfish2002 2007-Mar-18 21:56:28
With a fisheye lens on a pano bracket it is normal to see the base,
that the part of the bracket that appears in your pano by shooting a
Nadir shot.  You should be careful with PTGui and AutoPano when using
either of these to generate control points, sometimes the bracket that
appears in all of the pics can is chosen to make control points,
these should be removed. I try to ensure that all my control points
are in the true overlap areas of my shots.
If you can clearly see parallax errors in you around shots then
obviously you do not have the correct NPP.  I have not used the Wiki
for my lens since it does not appear there, I use a 10.5.  You can use
one of the methods shown somewhere on the Wiki to check for parallax
before shooting.  The post and fence method is pretty good.
If you are not using PTGui I would strongly suggest downloading the
demo and try it, it is really good and not expensive at all.  You will
need to find the pano12.dll with the fisheye FOV restriction removed
though.  I do not have a URL to hand for that but I am sure that a
Google search will find it.

Bazzer

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM