Sender:Joergen Geerds
Date/Time:2007-Apr-23 02:51:27
Subject:Re: Re: mercator in PTgui: was Is Ptgui still moving forward?

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: mercator in PTgui: was Is Ptgui still moving forward? Joergen Geerds 2007-Apr-23 02:51:27
hi john

i spent the whole weekend experimenting:
ptgui and roger have the universal binaries (mac) of
panolib 2.8.0 on their website, but versions do not
support mercator in their source. i tried to update
the source folder with source code from the 2.8.5, but
xtools gave me errors, and my coding abilities are not
existing for problems in that category. hence the
attempt to "fool" ptgui by manually editing the .pts
or the stitcher script fail.

hugin 0.6.1 mac would like to output mercator, but
gives me the usual error: not enough memory (on a 3GB
ram intel imac), i guess the max output is in the 100
megapixel realm. same is true for the windows version.

i installed ptgui, hugin 0.7.3 and pano12 2.8.5 under
windows xp (paralells).

i took the recommended size for mercator projection
from hugin (24500x27600px) and tried variations of the
"edit the script" you described. editing the .pts file
and inserting the new size and the f5 and feeding it
to the batch stitcher, resulted in the usual spherical
projection (about 20500px tall, psb is 27500px tall).
all other attemps resulted in errors, or the usual
spherical output.

so, i am open to suggestions how i can get a nice
layered PSB (filesize is around 9GB) with mercator
projection from a stitcher. i will do the blending in
photoshop CS3 by myself. i can even deal with multiple
Tiffs (about 110), but that would be a royal pain in
the neck, which i am willing to take.

please come forward with more suggestions.

joost: i am pleading to you for a ptgui version with
an updated panotools.lib that has mercator enabled. i
don't need anything else from that release, only that.

here is the one of the 4 panoramas i need to finish
soon, and i am stuck without the suitable software:
http://newyorkpanorama.com/2007/04/09/west/

-joergen

http://mail.yahoo.com