Sender:Neil Miller
Date/Time:2007-May-11 14:20:26
Subject:Re: Re: PTGui 7 beta and PTGui Pro

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: PTGui 7 beta and PTGui Pro Neil Miller 2007-May-11 14:20:26
On Fri, 11 May 2007 08:43:43 -0000, erik leeman wrote:
> Now THAT is great news!
>
> Thanks Joost!

Well, I tried the non pro version as I have no HDR images to work with etc. But, I did run a series of 163 images I shot for a panno in a cave, and WOW, the new point generation engine is far better. In V 6.03 (Or whatever the last version was) it took me hours to fine tune the points and manually add points to images that the old engine could not place any points whatsoever, I did not have to touch it, it got every image correct first go!

it was slow to process the lot and to create the panorama, over an our, maybe 80 minutes or so.

I tried the QTVR output, would be nice to have options for how many subdivisions, but it output a good looking file that works well.

At this point, I can't justify the extra for the pro HDR version as there is no way I'm shooting 480+ images for a pano! ;-) (I only have a point and shooter digital camera) well, at least not till I get a new setup.

But, so far, I am very impressed!!

Cheers

Neil