Sender:Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
Date/Time:2007-Sep-20 10:25:20
Subject:Decisions...Decisions

PanoTools NG: Decisions...Decisions Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock 2007-Sep-20 10:25:20
Rayburn Taylor wrote:

>There have been a number of post about the Nodal Ninja. I have
>studied several pages from their website. It appears that it works
>mush like the Pansaurus (although much better made) head that I
>currently use. I was going to buy the Angno MrotatorA head to go
with >my Fisheye NIKON FC-E8, because it seems so much easier to set
up and >you do not have to worry about the nodal point.

>Could I get some suggestions from the list as to way buy one over
the >other? Does anyone on the list use a Angno MrotatorA and/or
Fisheye >NIKON FC-E8?

>Thank you in advance for your time and help,

Hi Rayburn,

The Agnos MrotatorA is a good dedicated FC8 lens head, the only
drawback is that you'll not be able to use any other lens with that
bracket, therefore in my own opinion I will recomend that you get a
universal bracket which will allow you to use a number of lens
combinations.
The FC-8 has the nodal point on the rim of the lens where the
lettering is, knowing that it should be very easy to set the nodal
point on any bracket you choose.
What you have to be careful about is that because of the width of
the FC8, when you are positioning the camera and lens over the
turning point, it does not interfere with the upward arm of the
bracket, as this sets the camera mounting screw point far back along
the horizontal arm. Check the manufactures literature in the case of
the NN http://www.nodalninja.com/camera_list.html you can use the T
adaptor which will clear the FC-E8 from scraping the vertical arm.

I myself use the Nodal Ninja and I very happy with it.

kind regards,

Rodrigo