Sender:Denis Gliksman
Date/Time:2001-Jul-27 19:50:29
Subject:Re: New PTGui version

proj-imim: Re: New PTGui version Denis Gliksman 2001-Jul-27 19:50:29
Hi Joost, and others

Even if my main tool is the Mac I decided to have a look at PTgui,
considering all the good noise being done around it Š

So installed everything and it worked very well at the first time on my PC.

There are very impressive features in Ptgui
(even if there are e few things i haven't tried yet (t param). See philo's
mail)

(the only problem i had was to find the pano12.dll that didn't appear in the
PT folder, even if it was there, a window's joke ?)

One things I don't like is when you put the points, they only appear when
you click "add", i would have shown them when you click in the image, or is
it a bug in my machine ?

I did a test with 7 images from Helmut "windows samples".

This sample is interesting because the last image is rotated landscape since
the others are portrait mode:

1. Optimiser was lost with the 7 images, what ever i tried.
2. I cleared the last image and With 6 images i could get a good result
quickly.

3. I tried to bring back the zenith image and the optimiser get lost again.

I'll make a test with my images to see

Congratulations

Denis

Le 27/07/01 11:06, « Joost Nieuwenhuijse » <#removed#> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> After some months of work, I have just released PTGui 1.00!
>
> This version is almost a complete rewrite from the previous versions.
> Probably the most important change is the addition of the Panorama Editor,
> where you can visually align your images. No need to enter yaw, roll and
> pitch values anymore.
>
> Lots of other changes too:
> - realtime view of warped images
> - built-in panorama viewer
> - image thumbnails in image list
> - 'Make default' function: set the current parameters as default for new
> projects
> - t1/t2 options are supported
> - advanced PTools parameters (such as gamma, interpolator, jpeg quality) are
> supported
> - support for tiff and png file formats added
> - lens parameters (fov,a,b,c) and shift parameters (d,e) can now be set
> individually per image, or a common setting for all images
> - lens database for storing frequently used lens parameters
> - non-destructive cropping
> - built-in Philosphere generator
> - FoV calculator
> - control point distance window (to find misaligned control points)
>
> This version is compatible with PTools 2.5. It does not work anymore with
> older versions of Panorama Tools.
>
> PTGui is now shareware. My time is limited and this was the only way for me
> to be able to put so much time in the development this new version. The
> registered version costs US$40, which will include upgrades to future
> versions. There is a fully functional version for download which you can use
> for 40 days.
>
> I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions, many of these
> suggestions have been incorporated in this new version. And a big thanks to
> Ben, Lutz and Philo for beta testing.
>
> You can download from:
> http://www.ptgui.com/download
>
> As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!
>
> Regards,
> Joost Nieuwenhuijse

Denis Gliksman
La Grange Numérique