Sender:'mrjimbo2' mrjimbo2@...
Date/Time:2014-Oct-29 19:01:48
Subject:Re: Mural on an arc

PanoTools NG: Re: Mural on an arc 'mrjimbo2' mrjimbo2@... 2014-Oct-29 19:01:48
The dog that will likely bite you is lighting.. What is the distance you'll be from the wall? you'll need to get your arms around the actual distance of the FOV at that distance.. Your lights will be outside of that of course so they don't show.. So just like shooting large pieces of art for reproduction the problem is lighting the middle the same as the edges.... If your over 2/10 of a stop different from the edge to the center it's pretty visual.. So you'll have to go in smaller bites till you get there.. or add more lights.. Their is a software I use here called equi-light ..You shoot white sub strate first. Both the actual shot and the substrate shot then go into Equi-light and lighting errors are corrected with the software.. The other lighting issue of course will matching the lighting with each segment as you move the lights up and down and around the building.. How many rows and shots around are you planning and what size is the final output. If your figuring on lighting an 11' height with one light on each side ..They'll surly be very very powerful lights.. and remember you'll have fall off at the top and bottom also.. A lot of it depends on how big of a bite your taking with each exposure. All your time will be spent with lighting .. the rest is easy.. You may want to consider building a custom jig to hold the lights so you can repeat the set up easily as you move around the building..  What lights are you using ..I assume strobes  How many WS??   Good luck..

jimbo