Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2004-Nov-13 08:19:18
Subject:Re: Availability of imperial screws in Europe

PanoTools: Re: Availability of imperial screws in Europe Carl von Einem 2004-Nov-13 08:19:18
Stefan,

build your panohead with metric screws and nuts, you'll only need
imperial threads at those two points where the head is attached to the
tripod and the mount for your camera (plate). Some standard 3/8" nuts
might be useful (for the tripod). For the cameras I mostly use parts
from my Manfrotto camera plates and from flash brackets.

Germany: at least in specialized stores you will get those screws and
nuts, I know such a place here in Munich: "Schrauben Preisinger". Only a
small shop but with everything you might need, they still have those
"outdated" office times Monday to Thursday from 8 am to 5 pm, and Friday
closing at 4 pm. And I bet they have no homepage or webshop ;-)

I'd consider buying the tools you need to cut the threads
("Gewindeschneider").

Carl

>    From: "smensch01" <#removed#>

[...]