Sender:Mathieu Villegas
Date/Time:2004-Nov-22 23:16:56
Subject:Re: ANN: SPi-V is now available

PanoTools: Re: ANN: SPi-V is now available Mathieu Villegas 2004-Nov-22 23:16:56

The problen come from the rendering algorithm.
Spy-V use a vertex (triangle) based rendering, and QT a point based.
The triangle system is used with 3D hardware. To remove waves, it's
necessary to increase vertex number, and slow down the rendering.
Sphereical panoramas are very bad for hardware rendering, because it
needs a lot of triangles. Cubes and cylinders are better.

Thats, all.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM