Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2005-Jun-16 10:10:21
Subject:Re: A Warning

PanoTools: Re: A Warning Carl von Einem 2005-Jun-16 10:10:21
Oh, this starts a new parallel thread on two lists, thanks for not
posting also on the other "related" lists as so many others do
regularly... best about is that one always has to read every "Yes, me
too!" at least twice together with an unedited reply-all.

There is a similar problem to what you described: image shift due to
tolerances in lens mount or heavy lenses. I experienced this with both
my Nikon fisheyes:

The FC-E8 fisheye convertor on the Coolpix 990 is so heavy in relation
to the small filter thread of the built-in lens that the image circle
definitely shifts several pixels when pointing the camera in a
completely different direction (pitch and roll).

Also the > 1kg Nikkor 8mm f2.8 AI-S on a SLR mount shifts a little bit.
You easily feel the tolerance.

I guess the only solution (besides using a less heavy lens) is an extra
support for the lens mounted to the camera that could be part of the
L-mount / "nodalpoint"-adaptor of the panohead.

Carl

From: Hans Nyberg <#removed#>

> To: #removed#,#removed#

[...]