Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2005-Jun-16 19:41:54
Subject:Re: FOV value in exif accuracy

PanoTools: Re: FOV value in exif accuracy Roger Howard 2005-Jun-16 19:41:54
On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:17 AM, alexandre jenny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just some wonder today about some measurement with a zoom lens.
> When moving slowly the zoom on the lens and shooting, it appears than
> even
> when some zoom has occured, the value in exif hasn't changed.
>
> Some measurement for a Sigma 28-300 mm :
> Exif values can only be 28, 34, 40, 46, 55, 65, 75 ... I cannot get any
> value between these.
>
> Does anyone heard of that before ?

FYI, this is a camera function, though it may also be limited by the
values the lens reports. In any case, it's up to the camera to store
the values in EXIF properly, and it's up to the lens to report the
values to the camera.

What camera?

-R