Sender:Robert McArthur
Date/Time:2006-Jun-16 08:14:17
Subject:Re: Public Liability Insurance to Take Photos in Australian National Parks?

PanoTools: Re: Public Liability Insurance to Take Photos in Australian National Parks? Robert McArthur 2006-Jun-16 08:14:17
Wheaton, Simon wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience with taking photos in Australian
> National Parks, and issues regarding public liability insurance?
>
> I want to shoot photos for the next WWP event in a New South Wales
> National Park, and have been told I need to have public liability
> insurance to cover $5million.
>
> Has anyone here dealt with this issue before?

Nope, sorry. But if you search aus.photo through google groups you'll
find links to the NPWS rules for photos in parks - someone sent the link
through a few weeks ago (I think!). There was a once-off fee for
professional photographic shoots (with the obvious sub-questions!). I
don't remember anything about insurance but it was a pretty good site/link.

> I am having trouble finding anyone that can provide one-off coverage for
> the event, and have been quoted $508 for a years worth of coverage.
>
> Any ideas on how to get cheaper insurance coverage?

I think there were two companies recommended a while ago - AON was one
and another one starting with A - sorry I can't remember what it was.
However I would guess either would be exhorbitant for one-off coverage.

Cheers
Robert (in Canberra, hoping to get out in about 15mins for a pano over
the lake at sunset :-)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM