Sender:
Date/Time:2006-Jul-18 10:57:02
Subject:Re: Re: Auto rotation causing stitching problems [+++++++++]

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Auto rotation causing stitching problems [+++++++++] 2006-Jul-18 10:57:02
>On Monday, July 17, 2006 at 18:36, Zbooy wrote:
>
>> I sympathize completely, had the same problem recently. BTW, image rotation
>> would make a nice and useful addition to PTGui :)
>
>I'ts already there: On Control point tab select any image you want,
>then chose from the rotate droplist at the bottom.

Sure, but it only makes manual finding if control points easier, it
does not rotate the images for optimization.

>To rotate image in
>the pano enter what ever rotation angle you need in image tab "Roll".

The problem I sometimes have is that I forget to rotate the zenith
shot to vertical position in a raw converter. Rolling it +/-90 degrees
does not quite make it as the shift parameters would need to be
reoptimized, so I need to open PS and manually rotate the image.
Certainly not a big deal, just a minor nuisance, which might be easily
fixed in GUI though.

Speaking of Control Points tab in PTGui, I find myself frequently
switching between two zoom positions: 100% for control point setting
and "fit to view" 25% for overall checking. Unfortunately one can't do
it quick with a dropdown list, as it requires some attention and a few
clicks to select correct position. Zooming with keyboard also takes a
while if you jump a few steps. I think two extra buttons, say "100%"
and "Fit to view", possibly coupled with keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl-/,
Ctrl-* ?), would be useful.

zbooy

--
Szymon 'Zbooy' Madej  --  zbooy[ma³pka]zbooy(kropa)pl
OZSR => http://www.cyfronet.krakow.pl/rowery/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM

---
<*> Wiki: http://wiki.panoramatools.org/

<*> Gmane (news) nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

<*> Gmane (web) http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng